Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It is all about Perspective


Actual Version
Row Row Row Your Boat
Gently Down the Stream
Merrily Merrily Merrily
Life is But a Dream

Little Man Version
Row Your Boat Row Your Boat
Jackson Down the Street
Many Many Many
I get a Treat

Mama Bear: "Little Man please get down from standing on the table"
Little Man: "But it is a game called.."
Mama Bear: "No, it is not a game and I don't care what it is called, get down now!"
Little Man: "But Mama it is a game called One Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed"
Mama Bear: "That's not a game, that's a song"
Little Man: "Mama, it's a game AND a song"
Mama Bear: "Oh, I see. Get down anyway"
Little Man: "Ok"

What that is? Why? Know why? Maybe? these are the most popular phrases in the house and they have led to some very interesting conversations, some sillier than others. But it is so much fun getting Little Man's perspective on the world. For example when he told me that birds flap their wings really fast and I said ok and he said know why? and to indulge him I said why? and he said "maybe cause they can't flap their feet" I just never looked at it that way. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing hearing what comes out of thier mouths these days? Today i saw a spider and asked Daddy to take care of it, i held my little guy and told him that daddy had taken it away and it was now all gone. Know what he said? "That's no fun mommy" he wanted to play WITH the spider!

    ReplyDelete