Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why ask Why?

Having all three kids home for the summer is wonderful and lovely.  But it is also a wonderful and lovely challenge.  Keeping them busy, keeping them active, keeping them from fighting, keeping them from tearing my house apart couch cushion by couch cushion - takes a lot of my energy.  I am up for the challenge though.  We have our adventures, swim team, speech therapy and lots of friends and playdates.  I have found that what wears me down the most is Little Man's insatiable curiosity.  He asks me questions all day long.  And I mean non-stop.  It is relentless.  The other day he was asking me all about blood.  Why is it in our body?  What does it do for us?  How fast does it travel in our body?  How does our heart know where to send it?  I answered to the best of my ability and each time I answered it spurred a new question.  Finally I asked him why he asks so many questions.  He cocked his head and simply said "Because I don't know everything yet Mama and I want to know everything."  I told him that I didn't know everything and he smiled and quickly replied, "I know, but Papa does.  So you tell me everything you know and he can tell me the rest."

Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment