Friday, January 22, 2010

I think he is playing me...

So this evening when I was putting Little Man to bed he pulled my arm around him and said "Mama, keep me safe". I melted a little at his level of cuteness and asked him what I was supposed to be keeping him safe from and he paused and then said "The two really bad chickens". I, of course, told him that we would never allow really bad chickens into the house and he said "ok" and snuggled into my arms. I think he is playing me. I think he knows I melt a bit when he asks me to keep him safe in his super sweet voice and I think he knows that it will keep me hugging him just a little bit longer before he has to go to sleep when he pretends to be scared. But you know what, I think I will keep pretending that I don't know he is playing me. I think that I will keep him safe from the big big giants and the really bad chickens and the two mouses (his word) in the corner and get a few more snuggles each night for as long as I can. I know that there will be a day where he will be too cool for hugs and snugs with his mama and I know there will be a day where he won't admit to being scared of anything so today I am going to let him work the bedtime system for as long as he wants and keep him safe from all of the scary bad chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment