Friday, January 8, 2010

Reminded of Another Joke....

It seems that our house is reminiscent of many jokes these days. Have you ever seen the Burt and Ernie skit about the banana in Ernie's ear? If you have kids, you probably have. If you don't have kids, it goes like this:

Bert: "Hey, you've got a banana in your ear!"
Ernie: "What?"
Bert: "I said, YOU'VE GOT A BANANA IN YOUR EAR!"
Ernie: "What? I can't hear you; I've got a banana in my ear!"

Well at lunch today, Little Man started yelling "I have a noodle in my ear! Get it out, Mama. Get it out!" I turn around from shoveling avocado in Peanut's mouth to see a spiral noodle sticking out of Little Man's ear. He was trying to get it out, but was actually just pushing it further into his ear. So I said "Little Man, stop trying to get it out. Let me do it." He immediately shouted, "Mama, I can't hear you! I have a noodle in my ear!" I moved his hand away and started to extract the pieces of noodle that were jammed in his ear and was laughing the whole time. When I asked him why he put a noodle in his ear (not that there is really a good reason). He told me that he wanted to see if it tickled. I asked him if it tickled and he said "yeah, it did a little."

So Peanut on his back and Little Man with a noodle in his ear...never a boring day in his house!

No comments:

Post a Comment