Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Like a Joke I am Fond Of...

When I was younger, my brother and I were very fond of this joke about a legless turtle. It goes like this:

Question:"Where do you find a legless turtle?"
Answer: "Right where you left it!".

This joke reminds me so much of Peanut these days. He is crawling, pulling up and even using things around the house to push around while crawling on his knees...but put him on his back and he is just stuck. He lays there like a lump, not even trying to move or roll. He cries and wails until his brother or Papa or I take pity on him and nudge him to get him going, but he doesn't even try to roll on his own. I know I said in an earlier post that he thinks he is a rock star and too good for rolling, but I think my life would be a lot easier if he would roll on his own. Twice a day I knock him (gently) onto his back and give him a sippy cup. He finishes it, throws the cup to the side and then lays there. Not moving. Not struggling. Just lays. Until. He. Screams. And then someone helps him move his chubby little legs and he swings over and is so so happy to be back on his tummy or hands and knees.

So today if you ask me "Where can you find a Peanut on his back?" the answer still is "Right where you left him!" Sigh......

Anyone know any tricks to help him figure out how to get his cubby momentum rollin?

No comments:

Post a Comment