Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Firefighting Motorcycle Guy

If you ask Little Man what he wants to be when he grows up the answer varies depending on his latest adventure or activity but it is usually a firefighter, astronaut, motorcycle guy, dinosaur or a papa. This weekend we had some very special company come by and he realized that he doesn't have to pick just one of those really awesome things to be. He could be a firefighting motorcycle guy like this guy....his new hero or G-Pop as Little Man calls him.


G-Pop and G-Mom came rolling up on their motorcycles for a visit already making them the coolest people we know and then Little Man found out that G-Pop is also a firefighter. The light and admiration that I saw in Little Man's eyes at the moment we told him of G-Pop's firefighting skills was adorable and incomparable. G-Pop and G-Mom are close family friends that were like a second set of parents for me and my brother growing up and I always secretly (or not so secretly as the case may be) that G-Pop was my real dad. Seeing my children instantly love these two wonderful people that made my childhood easier and more special made me feel something that I have a hard time putting into words. Little Man, however, isn't short on words when it comes to talking about his time with G-Pop and G-Mom and wants them to come again tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment