Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School Prep

We have 3 weeks before school starts back up and I am both happy and sad over the changes that I know are going to take place.  I have absolutely loved all of the time that we all got to have with Little Man being home all summer.  We got to read some of my favorite books like James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory together.  We worked on writing stories and math.  We laid in my bed and each read our own books and just spent time talking.  Peanut and I have had our special moments too as we practiced writing his name and doing some math work.   And don't even get me started on the fact that my baby girl will be going off to preschool for the first time.  I will have my first empty nest time for a few hours two mornings a week and I both look forward to and dread those hours.  Not only does the end of summer mean that the kids spend more time away from the house but it also means that we are back to a strict schedule that will include bus stops, cub scouts, soccer, winter swim, homework, preschool pick up and drop off....I am tired just typing it out.  So the last three weeks of summer we are packing in our fun and the kids are picking our activities.  So tomorrow we are going bowling which is going to be interesting and quite an adventure with my crew.  What can possibly go wrong, I mean I may be handing Peanut a 7 pound ball of destruction but it will work out!  Ah, oh those summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment