Sunday, July 19, 2009

Little Man Has Boobs??

They say that imitation is the highest compliment, but I think that just depends on what is being imitated. At least that is the lesson that Little Man taught us this morning. I nurse Peanut, but we also try to give him a bottle of breastmilk a few times a week so that I can have the opportunity to get out of the house kid free every once in a while (I know, shocking, right?).

This morning Little Man announced “I have boobs, Mama!” Then he took the pump parts that were laying on the table, yanked his shirt up, held the pump parts to his stomach/nipple area saying “I pumping Mama milk from my boobs” and then he simulated the same noise that the breastpump makes. Papa Bear and I could not help but burst into laughter, which of course only encouraged him more. We tried to explain that only girls have boobs and that only mama’s pump milk but it was all lost on him as he ran around the living room with his shirt pulled high yelling about having boobs and pumping milk for Peanut.

I prefer that he imitate something else but at the moment at least it makes us laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment