Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School

Next week Little Man starts back at his pre-school. This week will be filled with orientation with his teacher for me and Papa Bear, a one-on-one meeting with Little Man and Mrs. C, play dates at the school and other preparations. He is so excited to be starting back, at least in theory. I am really praying that the first week goes more smoothly than last year. Right now his main concern is that his teacher from last year, Mrs. H is going to be sad that he isn't in her class anymore. I have assured him that we can visit her and that she won't be sad. He told me today that he can't be in her class anymore because he is 3 and she could only be his teacher when he was 2. So I am glad that he is kind of getting it and I am hoping that he will love Mrs. C just as much as he adored Mrs. H.

Today we prepared a treat of edible crayons (that I found on a blog) to give to his teacher and some friends in the neighborhood. As soon as Little Man got up from his nap we set about doing our project. We melted some white candy melts in a bowl and added food coloring to it. A LOT of food coloring went into the first batch and had to be redone :) Then we took medium sized pretzel rods and dipped the ends of the rods into the chocolate and let it harden. Last we took some pre-printed labels I had found on the internet and wrapped and taped it in the middle so we had edible crayons. It was so much fun. Little Man told me it was hard work and he was zausted (exhausted). I think he ate more chocolate and pretzels than he actually dipped but I let it go considering that is half the fun of a project like that! ( I will upload a better picture when I get them off of my camera, this one is just from my phone)


I never thought I would be one of those parents that said they were looking forward to school starting again - so I will chalk that up as one more thing I never thought I would say and of course find myself saying. It is just that Little Man is such a social guy and every morning I hear "Mama, what are we doing today? Who is coming to see me? Can we go to Kate's/Evan's/Pru's house today?" So it is a bit of a relief to know that 3 days a week from 9-12 he will be spending time with his friends, learning and having a great time. It also will give me some much needed alone time with Peanut before Baby Girl arrives.

Peanut and I are going to have play dates with his friends, go to parks and play rooms and try to really make the most of the next 6-8 weeks. I think he will probably miss his brother, but I am hoping to keep him busy as much as possible. Papa Bear will also be staying home with him when it is my turn to co-op in Little Man's class so that will allow them to have Papa Bear/Peanut bonding time. Something I know that the both of them treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment