Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things that make me happy

There are a million things that I could list about my boys that make me happy, but there are a few that just make my day on a daily basis. The things that keep me going when everything else seems to be going wrong. It is the little things, someone else might now even notice, but as their mom I can't help but notice.

1. Peanut's wobbly, jiggly cheeks when he runs - I mean these things jiggle like jello as he stomps and plays. We play this little game I call "run, run" where he walks backwards until I say "run run to mama" and then he takes off at top Peanut speed (which isn't very fast) into my arms. I play this game so that I get to see his cheeks jiggle as he runs to me and it never fails to make me overcome with joy.

2. Little Man's spontaneous proclamations of love. It doesn't matter what he is doing or what he is playing I get at least 10 spontaneous declarations. They typically come when I am exasperated or exhausted and he just seems to know that it makes me feel better to hear his cute declarations.

3. Peanut's feet. I mean these things are just the chubbiest, cutest, sweetest little feet in the world. He holds them up for me to tickle or to pretend to eat and it makes me happier than gold.

4. Little Man's wiggly eyebrows. This kid is expressive both verbally and non-verbally but the best is when he gets his eyebrows in on the action. He will wiggle them to make a point or to be cute. He totally knows what he is doing and it just makes me laugh even when he is trying to manipulate me with them

So those are the things in no particular order that make me so happy on a daily basis that I can't even imagine my life without them. Peanut feet and wiggly eyebrows make my day. Some people might think that I am strange but then again, those people have probably never seen Peanut's cheeks jiggle as he runs on his adorably fat feet while Little Man wiggles his eyebrows in an attempt to get another M&M!

No comments:

Post a Comment