Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Haircuts and Playgrounds and Dentists and Fun!

This is going to be a bit of stream of conscience rambling because there has been a ton of little stuff going on in the last few days.

It was a long weekend for Papa Bear but also a freezing cold one so we packed in the fun while staying indoors. Just hung out in our pajamas or relaxing clothes and baked and built forts, played in boxes and generally hung out.

Little Man had a dentist appointment for his 6 month check up and he was brilliant. He sat in the chair, listened to the dentist and let them do a full cleaning and check on his teeth without any protest. He was really looking forward to getting to pick out a prize at the end of the visit and had remembered the specific thing he wanted from the last time he was there. When he went to go get his prize the "boingy" thing wasn't there and so he politely asked the receptionist if she had "any of those things that you push down and they pop back up" and she went and found him one much to his delight. I am just so proud of how he handles situations like that. It was 5:30 in the evening, he hadn't napped and had to eat dinner super fast to get there, they made him wait for over half and hour and he "took it like a man" as Papa Bear told him! I have to say that I can't stand going to the dentist and whine like a child about it so he totally shows me up! (those are sunglasses borrowed from the dentist so the lights didn't shine in his eyes)


Little Man and Peanut play really well together (sometimes) and when they do we really appreciate it. Peanut will do anything his brother asks of him up to and including sitting still for a pretend hair cut. Please note: Peanut will not sit this still for an actual hair cut by the semi-professionals at Hair Cuttery and in fact the last hair cut he got he moved so much the poor woman cut herself. But here are my boys playing "haircut" with Little Man's super cape as the drape and his pottery barn chair as his seat.




Papa Bear builds "super duper forts". I have attempted to build them too but not being the architect in the family I usually only succeed at a "super fort" losing the "duper" in my lack of imagination. Little Man even abandoned our cookie baking endeavor for the awesome creation in the playroom. As he ran from the kitchen he yelled back " I'm done baking cookies and want to go play with Papa. Don't cry, ok?" How sweet. I promised I wouldn't cry as I finished the cookies in blissful silence.


But what I lack in imagination for forts, I make up for in fun learning activities. I put some flour in a baking pan and let Little Man practice his letters and Peanut just got to make a mess. (this was not my idea, I read about it on another blog). But it was the perfect activity for my boys. A combination of learning and mess makes them very happy.


Sweet Pea is just as adorable as ever. I have become obsessed with crocheted beanie hats for her and taught myself how to crochet by watching youtube videos. The result has been one hat that only fits Peanut's baby doll, one hat that might be too big for me and 2 hats that look cute on Sweet Pea (plus I bought some before I learned how and a friend made me a few too) I am a bit hat crazy but really I am more Sweet Pea crazy!!




Yes, I know that last one isn't finished and is way too big. And I also realize this should have been 4 different posts instead of one really long one!


No comments:

Post a Comment