Friday, January 14, 2011

Mama Bear's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Peanut woke me up at 4 am playing in his crib. I don't know if he went back to sleep or not because eventually we just turned off the monitor. Based on his crankiness, he probably didn't ever go back to sleep.

That started a very early Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

I felt sick yesterday, but Papa Bear couldn't take off of work. I felt even worse by the time I went to bed and was so chilled that I actually slept in 3 shirts and a winter cap. I felt even worse this morning but Papa Bear still couldn't take the day off of work.

I had a feeling it was definitely going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

I didn't get a shower or breakfast because I was feeling so sick I laid in bed until the last minute. I took Little Man to school and it took me 45 minutes to drive the 1 mile home from school because of an accident. I sat on the road for 30 minutes before enough cars turned around that I could turn around too. As soon as I turned around to go out of my way by another 15 minutes to get home the line of traffic that I had been in, but wasn't in anymore started moving.

It was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

When I got home I unloaded Peanut and Sweet Pea but since I had forgotten Sweet Pea's binky in the car I had went back out to the car to grab it. Peanut locked the door to the garage. I was locked out. I knew there was a key in the garage to get me back in but I couldn't find it. I could have called Papa Bear to find out where it was but my cell phone was inside and I was lock in the cold garage with Sweet Pea. I finally convinced a crying Peanut to let me back in after 10 minutes.

It was definitely a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

My good friend told me she would bring me cookies to make me feel better but the tree guys stayed at her house too long so she said she would bring them to Little Man's school. She brought them to his school but I forgot to get them.

It was now a cookie-less Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

Little Man whined all the way through lunch accompanied by Peanut who was so tired from his early wake up and Sweet Pea spit up on me in my hair. I didn't know it until the spit up in my hair swung onto my face while I was trying to eat lunch. I lost my appetite.

Next week, I am going to join the circus.

It is a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

I was going to make pot roast with potatoes for dinner but I never found time to start it so now I have to come up with something else for us to eat. I don't like scrambling for dinner plans. I will probably just make pizza. Pizza hurts my sore throat so I won't have dinner either. Not that I have an appetite.

I cleaned up from lunch and broke a dish in the sink. I burned my hand on the hot water while cleaning up the broken dish. I don't have dinner or a clean kitchen and I have a ton of client work to do. I just want to sleep but I can't.

Today has been a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day. Some days are just like that, even in the circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment