Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Perfect Marriage Proposal

"Mama, when I am bigger bigger will you marry me?"
"Yes, Little Man, you can stay with me forever and ever and I will marry you"
"But who will be with Papa?"

I know it is the cliche story that every mom has about the day when her little boy says he wants to live with her forever and ever and marry her when he is bigger. She pulls that story out when he is in high school to embarrass him with his girlfriends and again when he finds the girl he really wants to spend the rest of his life with to tease him. It is cute and you smile when you hear it but then it comes from your son and your heart swells with joy and love. Because at that moment you think of his fast approaching 4th birthday and can't believe how quickly he is growing and realize that in the blink of an eye he will be driving and then graduating and then off to college and oh my goodness I have to stop!!!!! Little Man is indeed getting bigger and wiser and more independant with each day but he is only 3 going on 4 going on 30 so for now I will accept his marriage proposal and have my cute but cliche story!

No comments:

Post a Comment