Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet Pea is 9 months old

I meant to write this post a few days ago but the kids have been keeping me very busy with water playdates, superhero escapades and bike rides.

Sweet Pea is getting so big and is close to exiting that baby phase and starting to creep her way into toddlerhood. She is 24 pounds now but is still fitting well into her 12-18 month dresses and into 18-24 month shorts and shirts. Have I mentioned how much I love dresses!! Seriously, they are the easiest garment to get a kid in and out of and diaper changes are so simple. Since she is crawling/slithering on her tummy the dresses don't get in her way as much as if she were doing a true crawl. Even though she uses the slither move to get from here to there, she likes to spend as much time on her feet as possible. She pulls up on everything, including her big brothers if they are willing to stand still long enough. She is so proud each time she gets vertical and is slowly learning how to get back down to the ground although the decent is never graceful.

Sweet Pea's favorite game is still "So Big" but she also has started trying to clap and has her own version of signing all done that she mimics but is very close to doing on her own. She still takes two naps a day but I have to limit the first nap to less than 45 minutes or I don't get much a break when the boys nap in the afternoon. She is a great eater too. She has had apples, bananas, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, carrots and pears. She hasn't rejected a single food but I don't see her staying on the purees for very long as she loves to feed herself cheerios or any little bites of food we giver her. Anything to be just like her big brothers!

Her hugs are the best things in the whole world. She holds so tight around my neck and snuggles her face into my neck. I know that a lot will change as she gets older but I hope that those tight hugs are here forever.


1 comment: