Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweetest Words Ever

Peanut made my heart melt. I am talking huge puddle of mushy heart in the middle of the hallway and he knows it. I put him to bed the other night and as I walked out of the room I heard "Night night, love you mama". This was his first unsolicited love you and it is extra sweet because I didn't know how long it would take to be able to hear those words from him.

This past Friday night I was handling all of the bedtimes for the kids because Papa Bear was taking the opportunity to mow the lawn. After putting everyone down I heard whimpering coming from Peanut's room. That is really rare. I often have to tell him to stop playing, singing, getting out of bed...but rarely is he upset. So I went to see what the problem was and I found him standing on the other side of the window shade watching Papa Bear mow the lawn. He was crying and saying "Papa stuck". I explained that Papa was just mowing the lawn and he would be back. Then I asked him why he was sad and he said, "love Papa".

We love our Peanut and we love hearing him tell us that he loves us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment