Monday, September 3, 2012

Letter to Little Man

Dear Little Man,

Tomorrow you start a brand new adventure, but for the first time in your 5 years it will be an adventure that I can only participate in from the sidelines.  Really I will just be an observer.  You will be navigating the bus, hallways filled with big kids, gym class, music class and recess without me. 

You are going to be exposed to all types of other children, some may be bully's and some may be timid, some will look like you and others will look very different.  Be kind to all of them, no matter what because you will never regret being kind.  

You have told me that you are worried Kindergarten is going to be too hard for you.  It won't be too hard for you at all, I am not worried.  But I am so thankful that you shared that worry with me so we could talk about it, figure it out together and work on it as a team.  Don't ever stop sharing your worries with me and Papa, we might not be able to fix them or even always put you at ease, but as a team we can overcome anything. 

I hope this year continues your love for learning and feeds your insatiable curiosity.   I know sometimes I seem frustrated by your never ending questions, but at the end of the day I love to tell Papa all of the wonderful, intelligent, insightful questions you ask me.  Never stop asking questions.  Question everything.  But be respectful in how you ask your questions and listen well to the answers.  You love to tell me that you ask so many questions because you don't know everything yet and you want to know everything.  I love this so much.

I love you so much and I am so proud of you.  I know you are going to love Kindergarten and we are both going to learn so much.  I know I am going to have to learn to let go a little and let you have your own adventures.  Every once in a while, I hope you include me a little in them though.  Remember to be kind, use your manners, ask questions and no matter what, Papa and I are here for you.  Go, enjoy, you got this and when you don't, well, I got you.

Love
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment