Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Off He Goes!

Little Man was ready to leave for school at 6:00 this morning.  He had his fancy clothes all picked out, his backpack ready and started counting down the minutes.  At one point I found him sticking his head under the bathroom sink and he explained that he was wetting his hair down for Kindergarten so it would be perfect.  I helped him style it and he looked in the mirror announcing it was perfect.  We practiced opening the containers in his lunch box and I showed him where the forms were that he needed to give his teacher - it is amazing the things that you don't think about doing for your little ones until they are going off to do them where you can't help them.  We walked to the bus stop and my heart was beating too fast.  Peanut ran ahead and then back again oblivious to the fact that he wasn't going to be able to get on the bus with his brother.  When the bus came, Little Man bravely walked up and got on, finding his seat.  He looked out the window and gave me a little wave and then off he went.  Thankfully, a friend works at his school and peeked her head in and let me know that he did indeed make it to his class and was happily sitting in his seat.  Now I just have to keep busy until I pick him up at the bus stop this afternoon - Peanut and Sweet Pea are happily playing together but will be thrilled when he finally gets home.


You can see his little head in the middle window leaning forward to see me







No comments:

Post a Comment