Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Never A Dull Moment

It was 5 minutes before we had to leave for the bus stop.  No one was even close to ready and I was in the bathroom with Sweet Pea.  Of course, this was the moment that Little Man barges into the bathroom declaring he has to poop.  I shoo him upstairs to use the kids bathroom.  A few minutes later Peanut barges in and tells me he has to pee.  I shoo him upstairs and tell him to use my bathroom.  It is almost a certainty that when we are running late everyone will need to use the potty at the exact same time.  Shortly after all of the chaos of potty declarations I hear yelling coming from upstairs.  I run up to investigate and Little Man is yelling that Peanut has peed on him.  Sure enough, I find Little Man sitting on the potty doing his business with Peanut standing in front of him with his pants around his ankles and Little Man's legs are dripping with pee.  I grabbed up Peanut ran him to my bathroom and had him finish, I stripped Little Man down, cleaned him up and got him new clothes, ran everyone back downstairs to get shoes, coats, hats, backpacks and we missed the bus.  So I drove Little Man to school and dropped him off and then took the little ones to the soft playroom.  I didn't stop to ask Peanut what he was thinking when he peed on Little Man - I can only imagine he either 1. didn't notice Little Man because sometimes he is in a world all of his own or 2. just couldn't wait and forgot there was another bathroom option or 3. thought his aim was so great that he could get it in between Little Man's legs while he sat on the potty.  I couldn't bring myself to ask, I just was to frightened of the answer.

Are you laughing and crying at the same time yet?  Because I was.  It gets better.  After school, Little Man pulls out a picture that he drew.  The assignment was to draw a picture of "Something that Makes you Mad".  So of course, Little Man drew an excellent picture of Peanut peeing on him and of him saying "Logan, please stop!" and then under what is the solution to this he drew a picture of him cleaning himself off with a towel.  This was not an assignment from his teacher.  That would be too easy.  No, this was an assignment from the school guidance counselor.  I am now expecting a call.


No comments:

Post a Comment