Monday, June 24, 2013

First Swim Meet

Little Man participated in his first swim meet ever this evening.  The entire thing started off with tears as we got ready at home and nerves set in.  He tried talking his way out of going and bargaining with us and we just continued to get him ready.  It didn't help that he was exhausted from a morning of playing at the pool and an afternoon of camp.  I knew if we could just get him there and get him settled he would be fine. 

He won his heat and was the overall winner in his age group in 25m freestyle and placed 2nd in 25m backstroke.  My favorite part was how excited he was to get a ribbon.  I am so proud of my Little Man.

We will probably have tears again for next weeks meet, but I get it.  He gets nervous and anxious just like me but he also pushes through and comes out the other side stronger and more confident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment