Friday, July 12, 2013

The Papa Picture

In April, we had our family pictures taken and one of the pictures we did was a picture of Papa Bear giving flowers to Sweet Pea.  We took the picture with the idea that Papa Bear is the first man to give her flowers and we will take a similar picture when she gets married with the last man to give her flowers (a long long long time from now since she can't date until she is 30).  We printed the pictures in a 5x10 and framed it to go on her dresser.  She loves this picture and calls it her "Papa Picture".  At least twice a week, when I put her down for her nap, she will ask to have her Papa Picture in bed with her.  So I hand it to her and she lays on her back looking at it and talking to Papa until she falls asleep with the picture tucked into her blankets with her.  It is adorably and turns Papa Bear into a huge pile of mush.  Earlier this week I had to wake her up from her nap and I snapped a picture as she was waking up so I could send it to Papa Bear to brighten his day.  I never had a chance to experience a true Father/Daughter relationship as a child and it makes me happier than I can even say to watch this wonderful relationship blossom and grow for Sweet Pea and Papa Bear!


No comments:

Post a Comment