Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peanut's 1st Birthday

Today my Peanut turned 1. I am having a bit of a hard time reconciling this fact because I feel like he was just a tiny Peanut in my arms just last week. And let's be honest, he hasn't been tiny in quite a while. But boy did this year go quickly!

This morning Little Man serenading Peanut with Happy Birthday while Peanut squealed in delight. Then we headed off to the Bounce House to meet up with some friends. The Bounce House is about a 35-40 minute drive away, so I was hoping Peanut would catch a nap on the way but no such luck. We played and bounced and played some more for an hour and a half and then headed home. To keep the boys awake, I stopped for McDonalds. Little Man refused fries and went for the snacks I packed (grapes, egg whites and cheese) while Peanut polished off nuggets and fries. Naps were a non-starter for Peanut so he had a second lunch and napped a little later while Little Man and I baked Peanut's birthday cake. Dinner was enchiladas that were inhaled followed by cake that was demolished. Then Peanut got his Cozy Coupe Car and loved it. I mean loved it! Peanut got in and let Little Man push him and then he would get out and push Little Man in it. It was a great day and a perfect celebration of Peanut's first year!

First thing this morning - wearing his Birthday outfit!

Little Man "helping" make the cake!

Enchiladas!

Cake!

Go! Go! Go!

Stuck in traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment