Monday, May 9, 2011

Proud Love

Little Man ran a 1/2 mile race this past weekend. I was so proud of him. I don't think he got how far the race was going to be but once he started he never stopped running. I ran with him and he made me hold his hand for a while and then he got more comfortable and let go. He is so fast that I honestly had a hard time keeping up with him. He got a medal for completing the race and we had to convince him that he couldn't sleep with the medal on. He understood that he wasn't the fastest (he was racing with kids 3 and 4 years older than him) but he get how important it was that he kept running and didn't give up even when it was longer than he wanted. My heart was overflowing with pride and it was just a lot of fun to run with him!

Peanut had the most successful speech therapy session in a while this past Friday. Right before the speech therapist arrived Peanut was sitting next to me reading a book. Sweet Pea, being a super grabby little lady, kept trying to grab the book from him. Peanut was incensed. He looked at Sweet Pea and said "No no no Baby. My Book! No no no! Book back!" I think it was the most words he has ever strung together at one time. Part of my heart breaks because when I told a friend of mine her response was to be a little shocked at how behind he is. But most of me celebrates because despite being a bit delayed he has just come so so far. We are having back and forth conversations and he is getting so proud of himself with each advancement. Right now we are really working on ending words with the front sounds of n or t. I know he can do it and then we will take on whatever the next challenge is for him.

I have to mention my amazingly thoughtful mother's day gift from Papa Bear and the boys. Papa Bear printed off the first two years of blog posts and had them bound in a book for me. I just keep reading old posts of the kids and am so glad I take the time to write these little memories down.

And last by not least I have to wax poetic about the awesomeness of being a mom to my sweet kids. They are good kids, no they are amazing kids and words just don't to them justice. I am so proud to be their mom.









No comments:

Post a Comment