Thursday, September 15, 2011

Peanut's First Day of 2's

Peanut had his very first day of pre-school today.  He started in the 2's class with Mrs. H just like Little Man did two years ago.  But unlike Little Man, Peanut entered that class like he owned it.  This morning he was so excited to finally be able to use his school bag that he had his shoes on at 7:30.  I had to read books for 45 minutes just to keep him occupied so that we weren't an hour early for school.  When he got there he ran down the hall, picked up his picture tag, hung it on his peg, washed his hands and was off.  I had to force him to say goodbye to me and I only did so because I didn't want him to be surprised later if he looked up and realized I was gone.  We had established a sort of routine as we dropped Little Man off at his class over the last few days.  A quick hug and then "Bye Bye, see you soon" and so when I told Peanut that I was leaving he smiled his Peanut smile and said "see you soon".  I walked out and made my way down the hall with my ears pricked for his cry.  It never came.  He was fine.  I was shaking.  The director of the school went and spied on him for me over the course of 15 minutes.  Finally I got the picture that my kid was doing great, painting pictures and really enjoying himself. So I took Sweet Pea home and put her down for her nap.  Then I stood in my house, it was silent.  I quickly picked up toys and the kitchen and then I just sat.  I didn't know what to do with myself.

At pick up, Peanut was happy and all smiles.  He told me "Love school" over and over and he wanted to go back to school after lunch.  I put him down for a nap and he was out like a light.  The boy played hard.  Little Man told us that his favorite part of his day was getting to see his brother at playground time.  (The 2's and the 4's are on the playground together)  Tomorrow I get to co-op in his class so I will get to see my boy in action and even get to see Little Man on the playground!


Brothers with peekaboo Sweetpea

Hanging up his tag in the classroom
Painting his masterpiece
With his teacher at the water table

No comments:

Post a Comment