Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Civic Duty

Today we voted for the next President of the United States.  Papa Bear and I don't overly discuss politics in the house but we do discuss the process, the reason that we are voting, the democratic process and any other questions spurred on by the zillons of political signs, commercials and phone calls.  Little Man has staunch political beliefs that he isn't afraid to share.  (* disclaimer: this is not necessarily the political beliefs of the voting members of this family.)

Little Man is not shy about the fact that supports President Obama in another 4 years in the White House.  His reasons range from the fact that President Obama is fancier that Mitt Romney and that Mitt Romney is going to bring change and he likes things the way they are.  He also said that if your President asks you to vote for him, you should because he is your leader. 

While we all stood in line waiting for our turn to vote, Little Man asked his typical non-stop questions.  Can anyone be President?  How do you know who to vote for?  How many times do you get to vote when you are an adult?  I answer each question even going into explanation about the requirements that have to be met to be eligible to run for President.  The sweet woman behind me leaned forward and said "Boy, he sure does ask a lot of questions!"  I smiled and said that he sure does and Little Man said "That's because I want to know everything and my mama knows almost everything".  I am a little sad that there is the 'almost' qualification.  Then a pollster asked Little Man if he knew how he was voting.  I groaned knowing what was coming and Little Man informed everyone in hearing range that he clearly would be voting for President Obama if he could but that he thinks his mama is going to vote for Mitt Romney and that makes him sad. 

I think I will leave him home the next time I go to the polls even though I love that he has an opinion and isn't afraid to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment