Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Invisible, Under God

Little Man and I were working on his homework together and his task was to list things that were invincible.  He immediately perked up and said, "Oh I know! Air and God."  I hadn't yet caught on to the fact that he thought I said invisible not invincible (even him saying "air" didn't clue me in) and then he launched into the Pledge of Allegiance.  "....One Nation, Under God, Invisible with Liberty and Justice for All.  See Mama, God is invisible, we say it all the time at school."

Now his list of things that are invincible reads:
Air
God
Superman (but not Captain America)

His list for the things that melt is a little more comprehensible (and will be clear to his teacher that he helps me a lot with baking):
Butter
Ice
Lava Rocks (they melt into lava)
Snow
Chocolate

His list for things that are soft yet strong:
yarn (he explained to me that the cotton isn't strong at first but when it is wound into fibers together they are very strong.  Thank you episode of Curious George)
bears (no explanation needed)

I learn so much about how his little mind works when we get to work on his homework together and I have to admit that I am not sure I could come up with better any better answers than my kindergartner.  I am a little terrified for the homework that is going to come home in 3rd grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment