Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday Peanut

Dear Peanut,

Oh how I adore the sweet, funny guy that you are.  You have grown and matured so much this year and have made me so very very proud.  Your favorite thing to do still revolves around food and you ask me multiple times a day about lunch and dinner.  I love watching you get involved in a toy that you are playing with, legos, trains, trucks or cars - you go off into your own world of play moving from room to room without disruption.  I just love watching and listening to you.  Lately I have spent a lot of time just listening to you, cherishing your words that come so much easier for you now and loving the more grown up sentiments that you express.  You are more cuddly at 4 than you were at 2 or even 3 and often ask me for hugs, snuggles and just randomly tell me that you love me.  You have no idea how much I love that and I have a hard time not holding on tighter when you want to get down and play again. Tonight, just before bed, you crawled onto my lap and then lifted your head and thanked me for your birthday gifts and cake.  It made me melt.  I love your manners and how you love sharing with your brother and sister, often shrugging and saying "sure" when I ask you to give something to one of them.

Peanut, I know that this coming year is going to be amazing for you.  We are slowly easing off of speech therapy and you are making such fantastic progress.  You have made some good friends in preschool this year and I hope that you can grow those friendships over the summer and into the next school year.  You ask for Ethan, Cooper and Curran on all of your non-school days and have told me that Safia is your best friend on the playground.  We are going to expect even more from you this year as you grow into a "big boy" and you get to start your chores this summer.  You will also start swim team and piano lessons.  I love that you are old enough to start these bigger boy activities but I am a little sad that it means you are growing up.  I know that you are going to be a sullen teenager before I know it.  Just remember, when you are older and you think that I don't understand you and that you can't relate to me - no matter what, I love you more every single day. 

Happy Birthday my love, my Peanut, my sweet boy!  This morning you asked me if you were 4 yet and when I said yes, you exclaimed "Yay, I am not 3 anymore and I am almost 5".  You may be in a hurry to grow up, but I am going to enjoy the 4 year old you as much as I can.

Love
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment