Monday, October 21, 2013

Peanut's a Funny Guy

Peanut says the most hysterical things at times and he doesn't mean to be funny.  Today we went to a playdate at his friend Cooper's house.  He has been asking for this playdate for months and Cooper's mom and I finally got our act together to be able to make it happen.  A few weeks ago we thought it was going to happen and I mistakenly told Peanut before confirming that he would have a playdate on Monday.  Monday came and went and it didn't happen, but the good news is that Peanut didn't keep track of which Monday it was supposed to be and every day he would ask what day it was and I would reply with the day of the week and he would say "It is almost Monday and I can go to Cooper's house!"  This went on for 3-4 weeks before we finally make it happen and we had our Monday playdate.

While we were there, the boys were playing with a batcave playhouse and a bunch of action figures. Here is a conversation I overheard:
Peanut:  Knock Knock
Cooper:  Who's there
Peanut:  Woody
Cooper: Woody who?
Peanut:  I am at the door, just let me in
Cooper:  Hahahahaha!
Peanut: It's not a joke! Knock knock.
Cooper:  Who's there
Peanut:  Woody
Cooper: Woody who?
Peanut:  Fine.  I am just coming in.
Cooper:  Hahahahaha!
Peanut:  I give up.

Then we were getting ready to leave and I gave the kids a 5 minute warning.  Peanut was looking desperatly for a car to play with and I asked him a question.  He replied with "Mama, I do not have time for this.  I only have 5 minutes to play.  No time for this!"  He waved his arms in the air and blew me off to squeeze in the last few minutes of play.

No comments:

Post a Comment