Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving (posted in Dec.)

I have been trying to write a post for days now and it seems that the craziness of life just kept me from it. Last week was Thanksgiving and we traveled up to Delaware to see my family. We skipped this same trip last year thinking it would be too much work with Little Man and Peanut but for some reason we were braver this year with all 3. It was a ton of work and definitely busy, but 100% worth it. Sweet Pea was a trooper and got lots of attention and Little Man and Peanut ran Mee-Mom and Papa Bear ragged trying to keep up with them. On Thanksgiving Eve (truly my new favorite holiday) we had a pre-Thanksgiving get together at my cousin's house. I watched my boys jump, climb, sword fight and have a pajama party with their cousins (ages 2 and 4) and it did my heart good! As a kid I would think about how Thanksgiving would be when I was an adult and had kids and this Thanksgiving was exactly as I pictured it. I don't miss living in DE, but it sure would be nice to be closer to family so that my kids could develop the relationships with their cousins and aunts and uncles the way I was able to. I am hoping that my cousin and her kids can come and visit with us soon because Little Man is all about some Mara and Quinn! (hint hint).

And really, seeing my Mommom hold her great-granddaughter made the trip perfect. I have such a special and unique (because she loves me the most) relationship with my Mommom and while I have loved watching her relationship with the boys blossom (and Little Man and Peanut both love her so so much) it was extra special to see her hold my baby girl. Family is what it is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment