Friday, April 10, 2009

Confident in Your Self Worth

I love that Little Man doesn't have any confusion about how important he is to me, especially as we have Peanut taking some of my time and attention.  Last night as I was reading him his books before bed, he looked at me and said "Mama happy because of me!"  Just simply stated this as a fact as confident as can be.  I gave him a big hug and told him he was absolutely right and that I am happy because of him.  Then I asked him if he knew how much I love him and he said "Up moon Mama, love up moon".  I laughed because I obviously didn't need to convince him of anything he already knew that I loved him all the way to the moon.  It is nice to know that even with our new family addition, Little Man is supremely confident in his self worth and his place in this family!

2 comments:

  1. that's really sweet. How important and life-changing to know you are loved all the way to the moon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't the world be so much better if everyone knew they were loved that much??

    ReplyDelete