Thursday, April 9, 2009

Recipe for Disaster??? Best Time Ever!

If you had asked me this morning, I would have told you that today was not going to be a good day.  In fact, I would have told you it was going to be a horrible, awful, step in dog poo and forget your umbrella in the rain kind of day.  Good thing no one asked me, because I would have been very wrong. It all started out with Peanut having horrible gas that kept him up all night and Little Man waking up every time Peanut screamed, which was often, so none of us got very much sleep. We had plans to go to the zoo and it seemed that walking the hills at the National Zoo might not be the best idea after a total of 2 hours sleep. But off we went anyway.

And I am so glad that we did!

Peanut slept in our super cool Phil and Ted's stroller that I couldn't do without and Little Man had the time of his life. He got to see monies (monkeys), roars (lions), grrrs (bears), limons (lemurs), brrreerrs (elephants) and much much more. We were so surprised with his limitless energy, lack of crankiness and non-stop chatter on so little sleep. I got to rest occasionally as all Mama Bear's 2 weeks postpartum should do while Papa Bear carted Little Man on his shoulders to see the apes and small mammal house etc. Little Man even stayed awake the whole drive home to have lunch, take a nap and then go back outside to play.

It was the perfect outing as a new family of 4 and now we know we can do it. I walked away from the day feeling like Super Mama Bear, the mama who can lift 2 children in one arm, fight her way through throngs of people so her Little Man gets the best view of the SilverBack Gorilla and change 2 diapers at the same time while balancing snacks and sippy cups on her head. I can do this! (with a little....ok, maybe a lot of help from Papa Bear!)





1 comment:

  1. Brave family! Now you know that you can do it, there's not stopping you from other such adventures!

    and I'd LOVE to see you balance sippy cups on your head while you simultaneously change two diapers...;-)

    ReplyDelete