Friday, April 24, 2009

European SIzes?

Peanut is one month today (Happy One Month Birthday) so why is it that he no longer fits in his 0-3 months clothes?  Are these European sizes or just clothes made for dolls? I weighed him this morning and he is at least 11 pounds (he will get his official weigh in at the doctors on Monday).  0-3 months clothing is made for up to 12 pounds – so I call for a resize or maybe even a husky 0-3 month line.  Or maybe these are sized to make my baby feel fat or at least make me feel like my little boy is growing up too fast.  All I know is that I was so sad today as I was putting away his littlest clothes already.  Yes, his 3-6 month clothes are super cute (thanks Amy and Luke) but I am just not ready.  Little Man also made this progression into the next size around one month (he was 12 pounds 6 ounces) but I wasn’t as aware of losing the littleness.  I just didn’t get that first it is moving up in sizes of clothing and then it is crawling and walking and then they are no longer a baby but a little boy and it just seems to all happen way to fast and it starts with switching to the 3-6 month clothes so why can’t I just have a little longer with the tiny clothes???  Alas, we feel it is wrong to keep him in skin tight onsies and pants that leave waist marks on him – so up we go to the next size.  But I still think they should call them 0-1 month clothes for my boys!!

2 comments:

  1. It's the same for all kids I think. My kids barely wore the 0-3 mos either and everyone told me not to get a bunch of that size because they are barely in it but did I listen? Well let's just say I think you know my shopping addiction very well and benefit from it too. The hiking pics looked like a head to toe ensemble and I think that shirt was actually handed down to us-very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks to you I didn't have to repeat a single outfit for the whole month for Peanut and then moving on to the next size was like a while new wardrobe. I love your shopping addiction (sorry Matt)!!

    ReplyDelete